Welcome to the Estes Valley Fire Protection District

“The Mission of the Estes Valley Fire Protection District is to provide the citizens of and visitors to the Estes Valley with superior fire prevention, fire protection and emergency services in a safe and efficient manner.”

Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.


If you have an emergency in the Estes Valley, dial 911.



AFG Grant Awarded to EVFPD
Fire Chief Scott Dorman would like to announce that the Estes Valley Fire Protection District has been awarded an Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) from FEMA to replace all of the Fire District’s self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA). SCBAs are what the firefighters wear on their backs allowing them to breathe clean air in dangerous atmospheres.

The grant will allow for the purchase of 30 state-of-the-art SCBA’s, 60 SCBA air bottles (1 spare bottle for each SCBA), and 40 face pieces or masks that are fitted to each individual firefighter. The new SCBAs will be at a higher pressure than the current ones, increasing from a 2216 psi system to a 4500 psi system. This increase in pressure will provide for a 45 minute air supply instead of 30 minutes, thus, giving an extra margin of safety to the firefighters.

Chief Dorman stated, “This is will be a tremendous help to the firefighters and increase the level of safety to these men and women who place their lives in danger to help our community.  Our existing SCBAs do not meet the current NFPA standards and needed to be replaced. SCBAs are very expensive running around $7,000 each with a spare air bottle around $1000.”  He also stated how important it is to have individual face pieces that are fit tested to each firefighter, not just to meet the NFPA requirement, but more importantly to ensure contaminates cannot enter the face piece while being worn.

This is a cost share grant between FEMA and the District. The District will be responsible to cover about 5% of the cost and FEMA providing the remaining 95% or a little over $218,000.


You can still dispose of your slash

Allenspark Area Sort Yard:

  • Location: Hwy. 7, north of Meeker Park on Larimer/Boulder County line
  • Open May 1 – October 17, Wednesday thru Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
  • Closed Saturday, July 4
  • Periodically closed due to inclement weather and staff training. Call 303-678-6368 for operational status, or contact the sort yard at 970-586-3259.


Estes Valley Fire Protection District Donates 1200 gallon Water Tender to the Volunteer Fire Department of Big Elk.

 In keeping with the spirit of community the EVFPD has donated a 1200 gallon water tender (tanker) truck to the Volunteer Fire Department of Big Elk.  “Our Department and Estes have worked together on a number of fires, so having this tender in a local area would be beneficial to both departments. Since the flood we have a lack of water as all 5 lakes disappeared with the flood” stated Treasurer Diane Briggle of VFD of Big Elk.  Tender 4 served the residents of the Estes Valley for almost 4 decades.  EVFPD recently purchased a new 2100 gallon Tender that debuted at the Safety Fair back on May 16th.



Letter to EALA members regarding upcoming deadline for retroactive fire code requirements

2009 IFC Chapter 46 Outreach Letter for Upcoming Retroactive Requirements


Red Flag Warning


The Estes Valley Fire Protection District will now display a red flag on the Smokey fire danger sign at 901 N Saint Vrain Ave when there is a Red Flag Warning in our area.   A Red Flag Warning means that conditions are ideal for wildland fire combustion and rapid spread.  This warning is posted when critical fire weather conditions are either occurring or imminent.  Conditions that contribute to a Red Flag Warning are dry vegetation, low humidity, and high winds over a period of time.  



Join Our New RESERVES Program

The Estes Valley Fire Protection District will be instituting a Reserve Firefighter Program to support the firefighters in various areas. If you have ever wanted to help the fire department, but don’t have the desire or time to commit to becoming a certified firefighter, then don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. There are many firefighting support roles that don't require becoming a certified firefighter. Interested individuals can contact Fire Chief Scott Dorman, at the Dannels Fire Station, 901 North Saint Vrain Ave, Estes Park, (970) 577-0900 or email to sdorman@estesvalleyfire.org.

Become a Volunteer Firefighter

We are now accepting new recruits. Fill out your application and email, mail or drop it off in person. (EVFPD attn: Membership Committee, 901 North Saint Vrain Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517)


View the Weekly Call Report


ISO rating for the Estes Valley Fire Protection District:
Inside City Limits - 4
Outside City Limits -  within 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant = 4                                                                                   farther than 1,000 feet from a fire hydrant = 6