Welcome to the Estes Valley Fire Protection District
“The Mission of the Estes Valley Fire Protection District is to provide the citizens of and visitors to the Estes Valley with superior fire prevention, fire protection and emergency services in a safe and efficient manner.”
Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
FOR EMERGENCY: 911
If you have an emergency in the Estes Valley, dial 911.
EVFPD BREAKING NEWS
Red Flag Warning
The Estes Valley Fire Protection District will now display a red flag on the Smokey fire danger sign at 901 N Saint Vrain Ave when there is a Red Flag Warning in our area. A Red Flag Warning means that conditions are ideal for wildland fire combustion and rapid spread. This warning is posted when critical fire weather conditions are either occurring or imminent. Conditions that contribute to a Red Flag Warning are dry vegetation, low humidity, and high winds over a period of time.
EVFPD 2015 FIREWISE EVENTS
Homeowners who take proactive steps to reduce their homes’ vulnerability have a far greater chance of having their homes withstand a wildfire. The nation’s federal and state land management agencies and local fire departments have joined together to empower homeowners with the knowledge and tools to protect their homes through the National Firewise Communities Program.
The Estes Valley Fire Protection District encourages you to participate in the following Community Outreach Firewise Safety Events.
- Wildfire Mitigation, FIREWISE Presentation, Thursday, May 21, at 7:00pm at the Fire Station. Topics of discussion: 6 FIREWISE Tools for Successful WILDLAND/ URBAN Interface, FIREWISE COMMUNITIES/USA, AWARD Program. Colorado State Tax Incentives for Property Owners for Fire Mitigation and Creating Defensible spaces.
- Bi-Annual Slash Collection Events in Spring (June 4th, 5th and 6th)) and Fall (October 17th 18th).
- Free Public Service, Residential Firewise Risk Assessments. Offered to all Property Owners.
- Educational activities for creating Smart Defensible Spaces and Fire Mitigation practices.
- Firewise Grants, National Fire Protection Association for HOA, POA and PUD’s.
- Educational presentations to Civic Organizations, HOA’s, POA’s, and PUD’s on Firewise Programs. Educational presentations and participation in, Estes Park Safety Fair in May.
- Fire Prevention Month, in October, promoted throughout schools and community.
To schedule a FIREWISE Presentation to your Organization or Home Risk Assessment please, contact:
Mike Lepore, Wildland/Urban Interface Education Coordinator at:
email@example.com or 970-577-3682
Join Our New RESERVES Program
The Estes Valley Fire Protection District will be instituting a Reserve Firefighter Program to support the firefighters in various areas. If you have ever wanted to help the fire department, but don’t have the desire or time to commit to becoming a certified firefighter, then don’t miss out on this unique opportunity. There are many firefighting support roles that don't require becoming a certified firefighter. Interested individuals can contact Fire Chief Scott Dorman, at the Dannels Fire Station, 901 North Saint Vrain Ave, Estes Park, (970) 577-0900 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Volunteer Firefighter
ISO rating for the Estes Valley Fire Protection District:
Inside City Limits - 4
Outside City Limits - within 1,000 feet of a fire hydrant = 4 farther than 1,000 feet from a fire hydrant = 6